I am not a member of the International Coaching Federation, but I do follow their code of ethics.
So what is a Life Coach an what do they do?
Everyone has goals. They have career goals, relationship goals, health goals, financial goals. However, they have trouble reaching those goals due to
A Life Coach provides accountability and encouragement for them to reach thier goals.
Change is hard and takes commitment.
A Life Coach can help you by:
- helping you dream big and stretch your horizons to create a compelling vision for your life, and then helps you chart the course to get there.
- holding you accountable to yourself. This is accomplished by holding you to higher expectations and standards and reminding you what you’re doing it all for.
- challenging you to see your true potential and to settle for nothing less than all than you are meant to be.
- helping you find meaning in the challenges in your life and give your pain a purpose.
- helping you keep your monkey mind in check so you can choose optimism, feel confident, and master a mindset of success.
- helps you stay committed in those times when you feel frustrated, overwhelmed, or become distracted by life’s uncertainties.
- being the support system you can depend on when the people in your life are nay-sayers, haters, or don’t believe in your vision.
Sometimes a life coach can be the expert or guide that shows you a shortcut to your success in your career, business, relationships, or life.
- As a life coach I use therapeutic and psychological tools to help people:
- Change their thinking
- Increase their emotional wellbeing
- Change limited belief systems
- Reframe past experiences
- Set and achieve goals
- Make life changes
- Increase motivation
- Learn a new skill
- Change their self-identity